Lots of action in this one especially with races involving Andy Angell , the British Champ was involved in some spectacular stuff but always seemed to come off second best.
The title was eventually decided by a run off, Mark Carmichael defeating Adam Peck from surprise packets Leicester 2012.
- Horspath 33 (Mark Boaler 15, Mark Carmichael 18)
- Leicester 2012 33 (Phil Howells 18, Adam Peck 15)
- Wednesfield A 32 (P Heard 19, Chris Jewkes 13)
- Hull 30 (Adam Stephenson 19, Andy Angell 11)
- Wednesfield B 29 (Lee Aris 16, Ricky Johnston 13)
- Leicester 26 (Craig Marchant 14, Ryan Hoyland 12)
- Sandwell 24 (Matt Smith 15, Jamie Ball 9)
Showing all her speed and skill by winning both of her gate fours from the back, Leicester’s Lauren Davies retained her title with some flair. Nearest challenger Danni Riley also looked top class but couldn’t keep the flying Davies behind her in heat thirteen, apart from this the Hethersett rider never looked in trouble.
Vicki Brown defeated Michelle Whitehead in a run off for third after both had tied on seventeen points. Her younger team mate Ellie Sullivan deserves a special mention for her never say die efforts against mainly older riders.
L Davies 20, D Riley 19, V Brown 17, M Whitehead 17, L Hookway 16, L Jacobs 14, E Sullivan 13, L Whitehead 12, L Watson 12, CJ Herbert 11, C Ellitts 11, S Tamborska 8, R Davies 8, E Rigley 6, C Whitehead 5
View gallery on our facebook page
Photos by Ray Andrews